In Tung Fon, Northeastern Thailand, we invite you to discover the real Thai culture, very different from the usual tours, by experiencing Thai/Lao dancing, sword fighting and Thai boxing with local instructors. Nearby, in Ban Chiang, you’ll have the opportunity to see the most important prehistoric site of South-East Asia as listed by the UNESCO World Heritage Center and admire some very ancient potteries.
You’ll spend some nice times with your host family, in a quiet atmosphere, sharing Thai/Lao meals and learning how to cook them.
Day 1: Udon Thani airport or Nongkhai rail station – Tung Fon
- Pick-up from Udon Thani airport or Nongkhai rail station by English-speaking local assistant.
- Transfer to Tung Fon (East of Udon Thani, 2hrs).
- Presentation of the Training Center activities. Solar cooking: presentation and demo.
- Rest and free time.
- Introduction into Thai culture, important dos and don’ts, correct way to greet Thai people, how to sit, how to dress, how to eat, and more. Introduction to Thai/Lao language.
- Introduction into Thai/Lao dancing, Thai boxing and Thai sword fighting with local headmaster, Khun Kietnarong. Lastly, you will choose your class for the following day.
- Learn how to cook Thai/Lao meals.
- Overnight stay at the Training Center or home stay..
Day 2: Ban Chiang – Tung Fon
- Breakfast at the Center and home stay.
- Sightseeing the surroundings and transfer to Ban Chiang - the most important prehistoric site in South-East Asia as per the UNESCO World Heritage center.
- Visit the museum and villages that specialize in pottery making and pottery painting.
- Lunch in a restaurant (practice the phrases you learned in real life situations).
- Transfer to Tung Fon Training Center.
- Rest and free time.
- Introduction into Thai history and culture (facts, music, arts, traditions, festivals and Buddhist holidays). Thai/Lao language class.
- Thai/Lao dancing or Thai boxing or Thai sword fighting class.
- Thai/Lao cooking.
- Dinner party with buffet and performances of your classes with local band and dancers.
- Overnight at the Training Center or home stay.
Day 3: Tung Fon – Udon Thani
- Breakfast at the Center or home stay.
- Transfer to Udon Thani.
- Short tour of Udon Thani by van and proceed to Ban Nakhaa village, famos for selling home woven silk and cotton garments.
- Lunch in a restaurant in Udon Thani.
This tour includes
- Transportation: By air-conditioned van.
- Accommodation: Homestay (mattress and fan, toilet and bathroom Thai style).
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Guide: English-speaking guides.
This tour does not include
- International flight (available on request).
- Thai visa.
- Travel and cancellation insurance (available on request).
- Drinks (soft drinks and alcoholic beverages)
Fares in Euro per person
Use the currency converter -->