Discover Thai and Lao culture and people in our eco tourism in Thailand and Laos program.
The classic tour operators take you to beautiful coastlines and archipelagos in South Thailand, or to North Thailand to take photos of the Karen long neck girls. We avoid the negative effects of mass tourism. We offer you to ‘live’ your eco tourism experience rather than photographing and watching it - the Thai and Lao people, culture and scenery. We offer you the different, the unseen Thailand and Laos. The sun, sand and sea you can, of course, also visit before or after any of our eco tours with Openmind Traveler.
Openmind traveler is sustainable tourism in Thailand and Laos.
- You will visit sustainable eco tourism places where we and our sister organization, openmind projects, support sustainable and community based eco tourism together with the local Thai and Lao village people and international volunteers.
- We allow you to travel in a different way, by staying with a typical rice farmer's family in Isan, in the North East of Thailand, participating in the daily chores of a rice farmer family, sharing a normal rice farmer's village day. If you are curious and want to get to know your hosts and their culture, you will have a great time!
- We give you a chance to go on a wild elephant trekking eco tour in a tropical forest in Thailand or Laos with local village guides enjoying and learning about the amazing Thai and Lao nature and seeing the traces or maybe even seeing the wild elephants.
- We give you the opportunity to live a unique and adventurous experience in an eco tour in Laos, spending a night in the jungle, in an elephant watchtower built and run by the local villagers we help.
- We invite you to learn about the ethnic Lao culture of Isan, Northeast Thailand to meet the local people and discover their culture, traditions and lives.
Our sustainable tourism in Thailand and Laos - eco tour groups.
Our eco tour groups consist of 2 to 10 people, in order to have closer contacts with people and not to disturb the wildlife and the local village life.
Our off the beaten track Thailand and Laos eco tours last 3 to 10 days, to give responsible eco tourists with limited time a chance to live an unforgettable eco tour holiday in the genuine but poor region of Isan, in Thailand, and in nearby Laos.
We design customized eco tours for families, students and private companies on request.
OpenmindProjects and its eco tourism projects in Thailand and Laos are featured in the National Geographic, Lonely Planet and Budget Travel.
Eco Tourism in Thailand, Laos or Nepal